Operations Manager - CNC
Interaction Recruitment are the fastest growing UK based independent recruiter and we are working with an Engineering client in the Dudley - West Midlands area supporting them in their search for a UK Operations Manager with strong man-management, operational and machining and planning experience particularly CNC.
As UK Operations manager you will be responsible for 30-60 members of staff within the business unit, creating and sustaining a great working environment and encouraging everyone to work together to achieve the end goal.
- First line management for all employees on the shop floor
- Planning of all jobs
- Promoting Health and safety across the business
- Planning new tool builds and implementing tool trials
- Championing manufacturing initiatives such as 5s, lean and Six sigma
- Assisting in any Customer and Supplier liaison
- Working closely with all team members to ensure talent is recognised and rewarded and relevant training is provided
- Conducting weekly and monthly meetings and reporting directly to the UK Operations Director
- Identifying any repairs and modifications, planning and actioning these.
- Production Management/Operations Management experience within a Tool Making environment is essential.
- Automotive experience is highly desirable
- Experience of a range of CNC Machining and manufacturing processes
- If you have used Powermill software this would be a distinct advantage
- Strong Microsoft office skills are essential
- Engineering qualifications
What we need from you:
- A lead from the front Management style
- Reliable, honest, hard-working, highly motivated, passionate about engineering
- A quick thinker, strong problem solver, with excellent planning and organisational skills
What you will receive;
- A competitive salary of a minimum of 45k, we want the right person so please contact me if you fit the bill and are at a higher salary level
- A great career path within a company who have a fantastic track record in terms of staff attrition
- Enrolment onto company pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Private healthcare
- 33 days holiday which increase after 5 years
- The working hours are Monday-Friday 7am - 5pm there is some occasional weekend work and early Friday finishes.
We are looking for a candidate who can start immediately, please contact me today for an interview -