£23k (dependent on skills and experience) with the potential to advance following successful training.
40 hours per week (flexible based on the needs of the business) plus OT, use of a company vehicle for business use and business expenses.
Based from our Coventry HQ with extensive travel across the UK & Ireland.
- Delivering equipment to end-user sites and assisting the distributor engineers with the installation and commissioning of the medical device.
- Prepping/wrapping equipment for dental exhibitions and delivery to and from exhibition sites.
- Installing equipment on stand at dental exhibitions.
- Be able to install, service, test and calibrate all (non-networked) equipment manufactured by Planmeca.
- Keep up-to-date with current computer technology (hardware, software and networking) as far as necessary and relevant for this function. This includes updates of both our own software (Romexis) and operating systems (Windows and OS).
- Carry out customer training on equipment operation during installation when required.
These duties may take place at our Coventry HQ, the customer's premises, or other locations as required based on business need.
Skills and Experience
- Full UK driving licence.
- An awareness of manual handling. Training will be provided.
- A can-do attitude and a logical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to communicate at all levels within a customer's operation.
- Excellent time management skills whilst simultaneously achieving high level of quality and productivity.
- Show clear initiatives on expanding technical know-how in accordance with the product portfolio and business development.
- A good basic understanding of mechanical and pneumatic engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings.
- An understanding of IT networking and connectivity is desirable, but not essential.
- A good level of computer literacy.
The role will be based from our Coventry HQ with extensive travel across the UK & Ireland including overnights away. There will also be weekend requirements for exhibition set up and break downs for example.
You will be given extensive manufacturer training and ongoing remote support but it is necessary for you to keep up to date with the latest technologies relating to your role. The successful candidate will be representing the Planmeca portfolio of products in the UK and Republic of Ireland. It is a wholesale business model and you will be required to work with our distributor partners as well as end-user customers.
Planmeca Oy is a global leader in many fields of health care technology, with products distributed in over 120 countries worldwide. Our product range covers digital dental units, world-class 2D and 3D imaging devices, and comprehensive CAD/CAM and software solutions. Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, we are the largest privately held company in the field of dental equipment and the parent company of Planmeca Group. The Group's turnover in 2015 was €734m, employing nearly 2,700 people worldwide.