Assistant Relationship Manager at Warwick Business School
You will work with the Relationship Managers in the development of strong relationships with a wide range of organisations potentially interested in offering projects or career opportunities to world-class post graduate business students. You will develop and track business development activity plans, prepare company profiles, monitor progress with recruiters and identify prospects from knowledge of external relationships across the School, the University and the business world in general. You will also professionally project manage events, ensuring that all activities are planned and implemented in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Work with the Relationships Manager/s to develop Institutional relationships by conducting meetings, face to face and by telephone, with HR and functional line managers within target organisations, identified by sector or markets, in order to progress opportunities.
This will include:
• Developing and updating business development activity plans, preparing company profiles, new business development and account management of key and target institutions.
• Progress chasing actions arising from contacts, ensuring follow up in a timely and effective manner.
• Being the first point of contact for institutions and ensuring a professional service at all times.
2. Project management of events, at WBS or other locations, and ensuring that all activities are planned and implemented in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
3. Preparing briefing papers (covering, inter alia, profile of the organisation, key existing relationships, history at WBS/University, detail of relationships with other business schools and any business related information which might indicate opportunities for WBS e.g. forthcoming merger/acquisition plans, entry into new markets) for the Relationship Manager and/or Director of CR on specific recruiters/sectors/regions as required.
4. Ensure that all related financial administration (purchase requisitions, invoice payments) is processed in a timely manner and updating the budget. Preparation of any data as required for WBS rankings activity in relation to careers destinations and metrics.
5. Liaise with the DARO, Corporate Relations team, University Careers & Skills Employer Connect team, WBS professional networks and global alumni networks in order to share information, plan and implement joint activities to manage recruiter relationships to best effect. Under guidance from the Relationship Managers prepare and implement proposals to encourage greater engagement with institutions to generate job and project opportunities.
6. Participate in Student and Alumni calling campaigns as required.
Skills and experience
• Degree level education or equivalent experience;
• Significant experience and a track record of effective support of busy senior managers with high level/high volume external and internal responsibilities;
• Experience of sales/ customer service in an organization;
• Proven organisational and planning skills and the ability to work to clear objectives and specific deadlines;
• Track record in project /event management;
• Strong relationship, excellent interpersonal and high written and oral communication skills. The confidence and ability to deal with all levels in organisations from HR Assistant to Senior Executives;
• Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to work to clear objectives and specific deadlines;
• Flexibility and ability to work effectively under pressure;
• Willingness to use and apply own initiative within an agreed framework;
• Competent at using office software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM databases and the internet as a resource tool;
• Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Sales and/or marketing professional qualification;
• Conversational ability in languages other than English;
• Experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Warwick Business School, The University of Warwick
Interviews will be held on Friday 1st September.
This will be potentially a 6 month assignment in the first instance but could be extended thereafter (tbc).
This is a Grade 5 role, 13.33 per hour plus £1.61 holiday pay