Senior Quantity Surveyor
About the Company: Our client is a well-established company in Derby who are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities: To assist the quantity surveying team to meet the demands of the business. This includes the following:
• Support other surveyors and directors with research, analysis, documentation and the like as necessary.
• Provide guidance to assistant and junior surveyors.
• Allocate work to subordinates.
• Prepare invoices for payment of fees.
• Assist with internal cash flows for invoicing.
• Draft fee proposals for director approval.
• Assist in establishing a client`s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
• Establish Client`s order of priorities for quality, time and cost.
• Provide risk management.
• Advise on procurement strategies.
• Advise the client on other relevant consultants, insurances, warranties and the like.
• Undertake and develop cost analysis for various projects.
• Prepare tender and contract documents.
• Analyse tenders and provide recommendations.
• Draft interim and final payments to contractors.
• Provide financial information, reports, cash flows and any other relevant cost information from feasibility to completion.
• Prepare and negotiate final accounts.
• Source further development opportunities.
• You will have at least 2 years `experience in a consultancy
• You will hold a relevant QS degree and preferably PQS experience
• You will work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong numerical and organisation skills required
• Excellent attention to detail
• You will be confident and versatile with a "can do" attitude
What's in it for you? This is a full time Permanent position. Monday -Friday. Salary will be £35-45,000 P/A, depending on experience. Our client offers excellent benefit package that can be discussed at interview stage.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information