Senior Category Manager
Senior Category Manager
Up to £60,000 + Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Senior Category Manager for a brand new role within a FTSE100 engineering and support services business based in Telford.
The organisation is the UKs largest provider of engineering and support services to the UKs Armed forces. From the site in Telford the organisation maintain, repair, and store the Army's fleet of land vehicles. Working as part of a large procurement function the role of the Senior Category Manager will be to drive through procurement activities to deliver the required contract cover and savings of the managed category/portfolio.
This will be achieved by taking responsibility for the following tasks
- Determine and maintain Category Management Process and Methodology
- Use eSourcing suite to capture all requirements
- Maintain capability of the team to manage market analysis tools, perform market analysis and engagement in support of specific categories
- Determine sourcing and procurement strategies for all procurement activity
- Ensure category strategies are consistent and compliant
- Manage procurement activity to deliver the required contract cover and savings of managed portfolio
- Manage analysis of future requirements, pipeline, and ensure strategies exist for all requirements
- Manage spend profiling, categorisation and category delivery plan
- Manage the sourcing of parts which are not currently on contract
- Ensure adherence to compliant procurement process and specifically OJEU compliance
Technical Experience and Qualifications (Essential)
- Experience in a commercial procurement environment
- The ideal applicant will ideally come from a manufacturing, engineering, automotive, aerospace or similar industry.
- Degree educated ideally or able to display significant industry experience
- MCIPS or equivalent or willingness to achieve
- Experience of working for a large commercial organisation within a supply chain function delivering Category Strategies
- Proven delivery of category management
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Willingness to travel
- Full driving licence
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and customers, both internal and external.
- Able to obtain and maintain MoD Security Clearance (SC)
What's on offer?
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, starting salary up to £60,000, pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme & flexible working hours/arrangements. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next role please apply online or call the recruitment team on for more information.