Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Selection Matters are delighted to be working with an award winning country house, which boasts over 60 luxury individual rooms, as well as wedding and leisure facilities.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth and professional running of the entire F&B department, maximising revenue and liaising fully with all other heads of departments, assisting with the effectively controlling the clients F&B budget. To ensure that my client achieves its mission by offering only the highest standards in quality, comfort and service to its guests by directing effectively all front of house F&B staff.
The following provides a phased outline of the job, which is not intended as an exhaustive list, rather a note of key tasks.
- To recruit, in conjunction with the Operations Director and Human Resources Manager, all direct F&B service staff, including interviewing candidates.
- To organise the F&B service work schedules for each profit centre to ensure an appropriate number of staff are on duty at any one time to ensure optimum level of cover at minimum payroll cost, using cross training and cross department scheduling.
- To train and manage the performance of the wait staff.
- To maintain all facets of service delivery to meet the clients required standards.
- To grow, develop and help generate F&B revenue.
- To maximise the profitability of the F&B operation by ensuring cost control, monitoring levels of waste, completing monthly equipment inventory and reporting each accordingly as individual profit centres.
- To train and develop all direct F&B service staff to our clients standards, and writing and updating all training materials as required.
- To meet and exceed all aspects of regulatory requirements.
- To ensure excellent standards of hygiene and good practice in the F&B service areas by ensuring adherence to standard procedures and policies.
- To liaise with the Operations Director on planning and reviewing all wine lists and inventories.
- To be responsible for all food and beverage ordering, controlled stock and reporting of both, within the budget and procurement process.
- To be responsible for the detailed planning of all events and functions inclusive of menus, service, standards, costings, beverages, price and volume, meeting requirements etc.
- To manage all events inclusive of activities in the bistro, walled garden, marquee and any other function rooms.
- To manage all group and/or corporate F&B functions.
- To manage, control and report effectively the food & beverage annual budget.
As well as a generous salary, you will work with a dedicated and talent event team and have the opportunity to progress within a fantastic organisation.
For more information, please do not hesitate to be in contact with Will at Selection Matters.
Selection Matters is an equal opportunity employer. No terminology contained within this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of an individual’s age, gender, disability, race, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
Selection Matters are a Recruitment Agency in Banbury. We deal with permanent and temporary jobs in Banbury and the surrounding areas.