Tool Hire Assistant
Tool Hire Assistant - Jewson - Dudley
In everything we do, we aim to provide a personalised, knowledgeable and trustworthy service – efficiently helping both trades’ people and the general public in achieving their goals. For you, that means a fantastic work ethic, a happy environment and a great team around you.
Join the Jewson Tool Hire team and you’ll build productive and profitable relationships with your customers in the area, whilst ensuring our customer service is excellent at all times.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a class reputation? If so we have the following opportunities to help support the continuation of our Tool Hire expansion programme.
What will I be doing in the role?
As a vital part of our Tool Hire team;
- You’ll ensure we stock and deliver the right tools and equipment to meet our customer’s demands. There will be occasions where you’ll be driving a Transit or any other vehicles to deliver equipment on time to local sites.
- Every time the hire products come back to us, you’ll make sure they’re fit for the next customer. This will involve repairs, servicing and maintenance of numerous forms of plant equipment, so it’s important that you know your technical stuff, as well as having a friendly, positive attitude at all times.
- In all of our roles we’ll need you to have great team spirit, and be prepared to help out colleagues elsewhere in the branch when required.
- To support this you will have a strong customer service ethic, preferably gained in a sales environment, and ideally have some experience of the Tool Hire industry.
- Preparing customer orders, loading and unloading safely and satisfactorily, ensuring any technical problems, faults and repairs are dealt with efficiently
- Ensure sales orders and delivery schedules are processed accurately and promptly.
- Ensure the safety of self, colleagues and customers, by maintaining an up to date knowledge of Tool Hire H&S procedures and ensuring any maintenance meets the necessary standards and H&S certification is maintained
- Participate in stock take duties as required
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Tool Hire Assistant specifically it is important that you have:
- Driving is required with all roles therefore you must have a full driving license
- Experience of towing desirable but we will provide full training.
- Relevant product knowledge, preferably within hire business is a strong advantage
- An interest in DIY, renovations or other relevant hobbies.
- Experience of working within a sales driven environment is a strong advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety regulations is desirable
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Jewson - part of the Saint-Gobain group; Saint-Gobain isthe world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Jewson are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Jewson or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.