Warehouse Operations Manager, Birmingham
Warehouse Operations Manager
Reference Number: GB06343
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Manage and develop the workforce to achieve productivity and company objectives within budgetary parameters producing a cost effective operation that obtains and meets its planned service goals, targets and objectives
* Ensure that the sites productivity targets are achieved in line with customer quality standards, reviewing, understanding variances, optimising and taking corrective action where required
* Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency, that ensures and promotes a continuous improvement culture
* Plan, and implement systems and procedures for all warehouse activities to reach the highest level of operating performance
* Set up and manage the establishment of service standards, communication channels and outside department liaison to agreed levels of the customer.
* Progress and manage annual budget with a system of control that will monitor, maintain and deliver the operational efficiencies within the parameters of predetermined costs
* Encourage and ensure employee development through the use of training, coaching and delegating.
* Support environment and welfare initiatives, encouraging engagement of employees, aiding retention
* Participate in company and customer meetings, workshops, reviews and seminars to obtain and develop information and procedures to enhance the productivity of the warehouse operation
* Manage the operation to comply with all statutory, mandatory and company laws, policies and procedures
* Drive Continuous Improvement Initiatives for the Site
* Any other ad-hoc tasks required within this role, as per business requirements
Your skills and experience
* Knowledge of budgeting and financial planning, including closed and open book contract principles. (Finance for non-finance managers - Advanced is desirable)
* Proven leadership abilities, setting examples of desired behaviours and values, motivating and developing others to achieve business objectives
* Commercial awareness with the ability to understand and manage customer requirements to maximum benefit of both customer and Company
* Previous experience in warehouse or logistics environment, including knowledge of legislative requirements
* Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to build rapport and relationship with customers
* Ability to deal with information in a confidential and discrete manner
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.