6 Months Contract
Pontoon Solutions, on behalf of a leading Energy and Utilities client in Warwick are recruiting for a Management Accountant. The main objective of this role will be to provide comprehensive financial advice and support to one or more business functions or companies; ensuring appropriate financial control with a particular emphasis on timely, accurate and complete reporting and appropriate business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Responsibilities will include
- Provide accountancy services and financial insight to Finance and business managers, acting as business partners for defined business areas as required. Provide financial/non-financial analysis and evaluation, including building robust budgets and forecasts. Deal with complex and non-standard ad-hoc requests in order to support the achievement of the business unit's objectives.
- Undertake the month end process, ensuring the data used is consistent and accurate, the appropriateness of all inputs and outputs, and the completeness, consistency and accuracy of all data. Ensure accounting entries are appropriately classified in accordance with internal policy, accounting standards, nature of expenditure or form of control.
- Provide financial analysis and data/information services to the investment paper process through sanction to closure and financial insight to Finance and business managers, acting as business partners for defined business areas as required.
- Support relevant business stakeholders in understanding and quantifying the financial risks and opportunities for their respective areas.
- As appropriate, to support the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
- When needed, mentoring junior members of the team
Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant, with experience in a large corporate environment
- Presenting complex financial/non-financial information
- Accounting and reporting pronouncements
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Transactions and close process management
- Query Management
- Experience of SAP
- Advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills