Head of IT - Centralised IT for Group
Head of IT - Manage the centralised IT function for Group.
This is a unique opportunity to join a large-scale, group structured organisation as the Head of IT. This challenging position will suit a highly experienced IT Manager or Head of IT with experience of similar scale (several thousand end-users), and extensive experience of business partnering and driving service delivery and technology transformation.
Managing a highly competent team (5 direct supports) you will strive to ensure the delivery of a consistent, exceptional IT service whilst supporting the delivery of a rolling portfolio of convergence and transformation projects, through delivery into service/BAU. This is a senior appointment with a broad (although well-defined), scope of responsibilities.Â An exciting opportunity to progress your career in transforming a large household brand name.
Exciting time to join a widely spread group of companies (UK) undergoing major technology transformation, adopting emergent technologies in network, cloud, digital and end-user computing.
Skills and Experience:
- Head of IT or equivalent senior position, ideally at group level for a group structured organisation.
- A service Delivery evangelist with a strong ability to implement governance and manage the smooth transition of projects into service.
- Strong understanding and experience of resource planning, allocation and cost allocation within a group, or federated cost centre structured business.
- Extensive experience of driving technology transformation, convergence and change adoption for large-scale organisations.
- A strong understanding of emerging technologies and a proven capability to design and deliver effective information technology strategy in support of business objectives
- Demonstrable experience of managing suppliers and vendors effectively.
- Experience of building relationships and managing senior stakeholders in challenging, evolving environments.
- Strong Knowledge of infrastructure, application and digital technologies.
- A good understanding of Architecture principles and best practices (ideally TOGAF, but not essential).
- Experience within Utilities, Logistics or similar sector would be highly beneficial, although is not a requirement.
This position will suit a capable leader who is 70% stakeholder/business partnering/leadership, 30% technical focused.
Flexible location. Time split between Birmingham and London (more Birmingham). Travel paid.
Paying up to 75k + Corporate benefits.