Deputy Shift Manager
EB4848 Deputy Shift Manager
Salary: £29,800 Circa
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Shifts: 4 on / 4 off 5-shift rota including weekends and nights.
Hours: 06:00-18:00 for the day shift and 18:00-06:00 for the night shifts.
(Scheduled breaks within the shift pattern replace annual holiday)
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
One of the Leading UK Chemical manufacturer of intermediates is now looking to recruit a Deputy Shift Manager to assist the Shift Manager in the running of the site out of hour and help with prioritizing labour and equipment to meet the order and dispatch requirements of their customers. The Deputy Shift Manager is a member of the Emergency Response Team and is required to deal with external contacts such as the emergency services, neighbours, customers and suppliers out of hours.
This Deputy Shift Manager role comes with a very competitive salary, 25 Days Holiday which includes Bank Holidays.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree qualification in chemistry or a related technical subject
- experience from a chemical or technical background
- experience working in manufacturing ideally with either supervisory or managerial experience.
- familiar with emergency response procedures.
- Be confident, a good team member, quality and safety focused.
- Be prepared to take the lead in the Shift Manager's absence.
- 5-shift system working 2 days/2 nights/4 off shift pattern.
- Each working shift is 12 hours.
- Day shifts are 06:00 – 18:00, Night shifts are 18:00 – 06:00.
- This pattern includes weekends and most bank holidays except for the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Every 8-week rotation there is an 18-day break with one day allocated to training.
- There is a 1 hour paid break during each 12-hour shift.
Interested applicants in this Workshop Engineers role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.