BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join their team of staff.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- A working and up to date knowledge of IT systems (to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Secretarial/organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent time management skills
- Competent in filing and archiving documents
- Previous EA/PA experience of working at a senior level
- Experience of taking minutes
- Ability to work with competing demands
- Development and maintenance of systems for managing documents including correspondence
- Experience working in Healthcare desirable
- Dealing with complaints desirable
- Event planning desirable
Duties of this role include:
May include activities including but not limited to:
- Provide a confidential and professional administrative service to the Hospital Senior Management Team and assist in the smooth and efficient running of the hospital
- Support to the Hospital Senior Management Team to include but not limited to: diary management; point of contact for internal and external calls and accurate relay of associated messages; screen calls and visitors as appropriate; management of correspondence and e-mails; co-ordination of electronic diary; raising timely action points; preparing well presented data reports, Powerpoint presentations and other documentation
- Management of meeting documentation relative to the Senior Management Team (SMT) to include: timely issue of agenda and associated documentation; attending meetings to produce minutes and circulate as appropriate to the meeting. Meetings include Medical Advisory Committee, governance, operational and financial meetings
- Support the SMT in the management of @work by completing Scheduler or Scheduler plus responsibilities as appropriate
- Ensure a good working relationship with all departments in the hospital and with other key stakeholders
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the effective maintenance of consultant practising privilege documentation in line with BMI Practising Privileges Policy including full and accurate maintenance of the consultant database
- Liaise with consultants ahead of expiration of required documents required to retain practicing privileges
- Ensure the Executive Director is made aware of the expiration of any documents required to maintain practicing privileges including but not limited to professional indemnity cover and DBS.
- To act as the point of contact for complaints management, ensuring deadlines detailed in the Complaints Policy are adhered to at each stage.
- Be proactive in producing an acknowledgement letter to complaints received for the Executive Director to sign.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.