Senior Quantity Surveyor
Willmott Dixon are currently looking to add to our team of sector leading professionals by recruiting an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on our projects in south Oxfordshire. Candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate experience working on a number of projects ranging from £5m - £30m. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for and to gain valuable experience with a highly respected main contractor.
The main role of a Senior Project Surveyor at Willmott Dixon is to provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of one or a number of projects including the management of relevant surveying staff to ensure that projects are procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations.
You will accurately value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract. Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the project's cash position. Complete CVC reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
A Senior Project Surveyor will also play a part in managing, training and developing junior surveying staff. You will correctly identify and prepare contractual notices for all events and administer the main contract conditions accordingly. You will also promote strong teamwork between all disciplines within the business.
We strive to build and establish excellent working relationships with our supply chain, consultants and clients where appropriate, this will enable you to identify any potential disputes in a timely manner to your line manager and then implement effective resolutions.
You will work closely with the project team and commercial manager to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software including MS Excel, Word and Project
- A track record of successful procurement.
- Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades.
- A detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- A full successful track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects.
- A high level of organisation and achieving deadlines.
- Technical knowledge and understanding.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Construction related degree
- Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS
- You will be able to communicate well at all levels.
- Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal.
- Make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary.
- Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
- Monitor the quality of work and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.