Are you a true leader, someone who can teach and develop the capability within your team? Fancy the chance to instigate true change and lead a team to deliver exceptional results? Love to stay ahead of the curve in terms of innovation & problem solving? Then this Purchasing Director vacancy is the one you have been waiting for!
The successful Purchasing Director will be a joining an organisation known and respected around the world for producing some of the most iconic, desirable and prestigious products in their industry. They continue to experience high demand and have enjoyed sustained growth over the last few years due to successful new product launches. Opportunities at this level within this organisation present themselves very rarely, so this really is a fantastic chance to become part of a global success story.
Acting as one of two Purchasing Director reporting into the Head of Purchasing & Supply Chain, the exact nature of the spend portfolio for this role will depend very much on the successful individual as the business is taking a pragmatic approach to how its spend is allocated across the two positions - it could be a mix of production and in-directs, pure in-directs or pure production, but what is known is that your spend remit will be in the region of £100-200m and your team will be made up of approximately 4 direct reports and a further 40-45 indirect reports. The business has been going through a period of change in procurement over the last 12 months, driven by the Head of Procurement & Supply Chain, to move to more of a structured, strategic, KPI & data driven operation, and the successful candidate for this role will be expected to continue to drive this mindset and behaviour within their team. In terms of production purchasing, a key focus will be on improving the businesses strategic approach to low cost country sourcing, whereas in-directs will be around continuing to drive the cost saving & value add opportunity, as well as delivering on a specific, high profile project. The most important aspect of this role is the ability to change the mindsets, and develop the capability, of your team from a strategic perspective to ensure that they are delivering a best in class, pro-active, service to the business, and are capable of accurately reporting on their progress, challenges and solutions.
To be considered for this Purchasing Director role it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Substantial previous experience in a senior purchasing / supply chain leadership role - this will ideally come from a complex manufacturing background, however applications will be consider for all industries as the character fit is what is most important.
- MCIPS qualified is a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to instigate and implement change, as well as coach and develop your teams.
- The personality and strength of character to engage at all levels of the business, as well as take a tough stance when needed in terms of performance.
- Previous experience of strategic low cost country sourcing would be a bonus.
- The ambition, tenacity and passion to deliver a best in class purchasing operation.
In return, the successful Purchasing Director will receive a remuneration package that includes:
- Base salary of £80-90k
- Bonus potential up to 30%
- Privilege vehicle lease scheme for up to 3 cars (including one iconic super-car)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family private medical insurance
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.