Senior Quantitative Structurer / Modeller
Senior Quantitative Modeller
We are seeking a Senior Quantitative Modeller to be responsible for both the provision of structuring and valuation input into the management of complex supply and export contracts and the development of risk models for npower. The Structuring, Valuation & Modelling team are the company experts in the commercial application of quantitative risk management solutions across npower. This scope therefore includes modelling and bespoke valuation of pricing, hedging, and forecasting of the key complex market and system balancing risks facing the business, both on a portfolio wide and customer specific basis. The team are also responsible for the modelling of operational risk, the credit risk modelling strategy, and providing modelling solutions to Network Charging. These skills are highly valued and recognised as important to the future profitability of npower. The risks and opportunities the team deal with are worth many millions of pounds. The team are required to work closely with counterparts across Commercial Optimisation, across npower and Innogy.
Skills and experience
We are searching for someone with the following skills and experience:
- A numerate first degree or equivalent (for example in Finance/Maths/Engineering) with preferably a higher degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- The ability to demonstrate strong economic, market and financial analytical skills.
- Strong IT programming language skills: MS Office suite (especially Excel), VB(A), C++, Matlab, statistical packages.
- Have excellent theoretical knowledge of derivative instruments and practical experience in their applications and behavior. In depth understanding of valuation and risk analysis methods.
- Demonstrate the ability to transform theoretical knowledge to practical, real-world situations.
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce clear and concise feedback/reports to senior management.
- Be able to cope in a high pressure environment.
- An excellent understanding of options pricing and hedging, volatility and correlation; valuation of complex transactions and statistical analysis, regression and stress testing is also required.
Experience in the UK/EU energy market or in a financial environment would be advantageous.
Why work for us
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
npower (Npower Group plc) is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy SE group.
We serve around 5.1 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas, with key sites in the Midlands, North and North-East of England.
Every year, we issue over 22 million bills and answer around 12 million phone calls.
npower is one of the most successful providers of energy supply and solutions to British businesses, and are the first energy company to be awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: we operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .