MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe’s leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
We are seeking a motivated individual with an ambition to build a career in IT to join the Helpdesk team. The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of experienced Helpdesk Analysts to provide 1st line IT support to all IT users within the business.
Main duties will include:
- Answering Helpdesk support calls, providing 1st line support during normal business hours and participating in an out of hours support service
- Liaising with customers and 3rd parties, as and when required, to resolve problems and queries
- Managing support requests coming into the department, engaging with internal support teams, ensuring that the service delivered is within agreed service levels
- Analysing support requests and participate in creating/improving Helpdesk 1st response processes and procedures
- Creating and maintaining relevant team documentation, work instructions, FAQ’s and support guides
- Working closely with internal users to identify support or change requirements, where appropriate recommend possible solutions, for systems within your remit
- Ensuring Helpdesk performance is measured and reported in a timely fashion via agreed departmental processes.
The ideal candidate will be a clear and effective communicator who is able to achieve an excellent level of customer satisfaction. A 'can do’ approach with a strong focus on team-working is essential.
Other skills/expertise that would be beneficial:
- Ideally, expertise in the provision of 1st line IT support services
- Experience of working in a call logging system environment
- Relevant IT qualifications
- Experience in PC hardware and software maintenance and upgrades
- A basic understanding of the technology components (application and infrastructure) utilised in an e-Commerce environment.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, this will be on a rota to cover key business hours between8am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday, however, hours will be extended throughout peak trading periods. Applicants will be expected to provide out of hours emergency cover on a rota basis after the successful completion of a probationary period.