Diesel Engine Test Technician
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Stafford with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a 6 month contract opportunity for a Diesel Engine Test Technician to join their team.
A Contract Engine Test Development Technician position has become available within the Global Engine Development (GED) Test Engineering team and will be responsible for the delivery of the testing programmes.
Key Responsibilities of the Diesel Engine Test Technician
- Accountable for the delivery of customer engine build and test requirements
- Data measurement, collection, provision of results, use of computerised test bed controls and data acquisition
- Assume ownership of test bed data quality assist Engineers in test methodology and interpretation of results
- Support Production System improvement and activities and 6 Sigma improvement projects
Qualifications and Experience required for the Diesel Engine Test Technician
- Relevant work experience
- Experience of working in a computerised environment
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Aptitude and ability to absorb and learn new technologies continuously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly - motivated and able to work closely within the team environment
- Good fitting skills and attention to detail with aptitude to deliver first class quality and to strive for continuous improvement. Capable of team work and rapid priority / job switching
- Customer focussed hands on-on team player. Able to work proactively on own imitative and support continuous improvement environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey/absorb technical information and to respond to complex situations
- Experience of working in an engineering development environment
- Recognised Engineering ONC Mech qualification
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.