DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Electrical Bias)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Electrical Bias)
SALARY: Competitive + company car
HOURS: 40 hours per week, 8:00am - 4:30pm
THE COMPANY: Our client is a manufacturing Company, employing over 35,000 staff worldwide, who are global specialists in electrical and digital building infrastructures.
- To research, design & develop and validate new products and cost improvement of current designs.
- Specify and develop the next generation of power, cable management and wiring device products by taking account of marketing requirements to produce functional products of new or improved design to comply with the latest National and International standards.
- To produce the technical files as required by the low voltage directive for power, cable management & wiring device products.
- Follow design & development procedures as required by ISO9001 and Legrand’s ECO design policy.
- To manage type testing, test records and safety.
- To provide Purchasing department with technical details for the purchase of parts from external suppliers.
- To liaise with marketing / publicity to check the technical content of catalogues and technical manuals.
- Provide support to the technical support department on electrical or mechanical matters relating to company products.
- Suitably experienced in the use of 2D and 3D CAD.
Are you/Do you have:
- Educated to Degree/HND level in an electrical engineering discipline.
- Membership of the IET is preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of UK Wiring Regulations, associated national and international standards.
- Have knowledge of Wiring Devices and Power Distribution Products.
- Be competent in the use of AUTOCAD/INVENTOR and 3-D Modelling systems.
- Previous electrical design / testing work in low voltage cable management, power distribution or wiring device product manufacturing environment.
- Have good IT skills (spreadsheets, engineering databases, presentation tools).
- Be able to communicate well at all levels inside and outside the company.
- Be able to travel within and outside the UK, and work away from base location as appropriate.
In return we can offer you:
- Company Pension scheme
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance cover
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
Does this sound like you? To apply and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.