Patient Administrator Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Droitwich Spa Hospital has a vacancy for a Patient Administrator to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Basic financial awareness
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the smooth running of the patient administrative process throughout the patient journey. Ensure the BMI best practice process maps are followed, to provide an efficient, professional and standard service to all patients, visitors, consultants and staff. All patient queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Day to day management of the referrals from the Referral Management Centre, including triage and adherence to the 18 week Referral to Treatment within set timescales and management of SPOT contract patients
- Timely resolution to clinic change requests disseminating information to relevant colleagues and consultants
- Ensure that all revenue is captured accurately.
- To be competent in the use of the switchboard, ensuring quick and effective placing of incoming and outgoing calls, observing the company’s policies on confidentiality. Making full use of internal communication systems i.e paging system.
- Ensure that clear pricing information is available within the department; pass any relevant information to the patient in advance of any tests/procedures.
- To manage all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Approve electronic bookings received via the relevant system and update any booking received via email.
- Input bookings within best practice time frame paying attention to the information provided on the patient's booking form and treatment setting guidelines as provided by BMI Healthcare.
- Liaise with Consultants or relevant medical secretaries to ensure patients booked for Theatre lists are as expected and any list orders/requirements are passed on to Theatre for review.
- Assist with utilisation of theatre space.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.