Short Term Forecasting Analyst
Npower is one of Britain’s leading energy companies supplying energy to around 5.1 million customers, , and is part of the Innogy group, one of Europe’s leading electricity and gas companies but the real energy behind our business is our people. Together, their energy helps us deliver more efficient technologies and light up our customers' lives. That's why we help power their careers with excellent training, opportunity and rewards.
As a member of the Short Term team within Demand Forecasting you will be providing expertise in the creation, analysis and interpretation of Short Term Power and Gas Forecasts. Your primary focus on delivery of industry leading volume forecasting to deliver added value to the Retail P&L.
This is a fixed term role until December 2018.
Operating across Retail Energy Management (REM) the Short Term Analyst is responsible for producing numerous short term forecasts for npower Retail.
The post holder will also act as the key point of contact for major customers and as such will be required to work closely with other areas across the business.
Additionally the role will assist in delivery of improvements in short term power and gas forecasting and Continuous improvement activities.
The post holder will be required to apply high quality forecaster skill to all short term forecasts 365 days per year as part of the weekend and out of hours forecasting rota.
Skills & Experience
- Good stakeholder management skills, with ability to form and utilise networks from across the business, and manage all stakeholders including those at levels of seniority greater than the role holder.
- Possessing good collaboration skills the role holder will be passionately committed to delivering excellent value adding service to Demand Forecasting, REM and npower.
- The role requires degree level qualifications in Mathematics, Econometrics or Business.
- Excellent IT skills. The role holder should possess advanced level skills in Excel. Knowledge of SAS, SQL, and VBA are an advantage.
- Good econometric modelling skills. The role holder will be expected to create, run and improve a wide variety of econometric models.
- Track record in Energy Risk Management.
- Good knowledge of industry processes (including settlements) would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of volume forecasting strategies and approaches is desirable but not essential.
Why work for us
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
c£27,000 per annum + attractive package.
npower is one of the UK’s biggest energy suppliers.
We supply gas and electricity to millions of homes up and down the country, So when you switch on the light, take a shower, or simply have a cuppa, you’ll know you can rely on us. We’re also here for you when your boiler needs servicing or repairing. We offer competitive tariffs that save you money and we’ll tell you when you can save even more. It’s all part of how we stand up for customers every day at npower. We stand up for the community too. We’re proud to have been a partner of Macmillan for 12 years raising over £3.5m. We’re also one of only a handful of UK companies to have been awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .