SHIPPING QUOTATIONS CLERK
SHIPPING QUOTATIONS CLERK - Freight Forwarding / Import & Export / Logistics
Offering a salary of £18,000 TO £21,000 + Full on the job training.
Are you looking to commence a new career and interested in working in the International Freight, Shipping & Logistics industry?
We have a new opportunity for a SHIPPING QUOTATIONS CLERK to join a Global Logistics organisation at their Birmingham based operation.
The role will be to work with a portfolio of customers to obtain and quote the best possible rates for the Export & Import of Seafreight throughout the world.
Duties for the SHIPPING QUOTATIONS CLERK will include:
- Entering pricing data into the system.
- Receiving and dealing with quotes from internal offices.
- Receiving and dealing with quotes from Shipping agents.
- Receiving and dealing with quotes from Freight Sales team.
- Outputting quotes and forwarding to customers.
- Maintaining and updating customer quote feedback spread sheets.
- Maintaining and updating supplier quote comparison spread sheets.
- Maintaining and updated rate files for invoicing purposes in the system.
- Calling customers for quote feedback (Later on as the role progresses).
- General administration tasks related to pricing of Global Freight Shipments.
- Other general administration tasks.
- Working within a prompt framework at all times.
The role will offer full on the job training and the successful candidate will need to possess strong communication and customer service skills, be confident in speaking with customers and suppliers over the telephone and email, IT literate and be able to learn new ways of working quickly.