HV Fitter Winder
HV Fitter Winder
Job Title: HV Fitter Winder
Salary: £NEG - 39hrs PW +overtime & time ½
Benefits: Pension, Health, Life Cover
Our Client is a leading worldwide Power Generation company are seeking a HV Fitter Winder to be part of the team in the HV shop based in Birmingham. You would be part of the deliver of bespoke services for each job that comes in, overtime will be required.
The main part of the role is your knowledge of stripping and rewinding of AC/DC motors and other electro-mechanical equipment. Some travel to customer sites will be required; however this is a workshop based role.
· Dismantle, rewind, reassemble and testing of AC/DC motors and associated equipment including gearboxes.
· Attending on site to remove and install AC/DC motors and associated equipment
· Inspection of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
· Testing the condition of windings
· Document all relevant data specific to units electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability, data collection of blocking, bracing and coils of HV Turbo / Hydro Generators to a degree to be able to manufacture / reverse engineer.
· Dismantle and / or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment
· Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
· Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including single-phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound stators and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and / or requirements during rewinding.
· Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment and document test results.
· Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand held power and non-power tools.
· Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
· Ensure you adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times, including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment.
· Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks
· Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures and processes underpinning.
· Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
· Any other duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience.
· Formal apprenticeship in electrical engineering or electrical machine repair and rewinds
· Previous experience of dismantling, rewinding, assembling and testing of electro-mechanical equipment
· Previous experience in electrical fitting
Would ideally suit a person with a maintenance/repair/winding background, who also has experience of working in a precision fitting environment.
Call for more details.