Renewables Operations Developer
Working within npower Business Solutions Commercial Operations team you’ll be part of a team responsible for renewables services operations. Accountable for the full end to end process of Pricing, Contract Management and Settlement, you’ll have the visibility of how the business segment operates whilst gaining exposure and involvement with other teams/departments. This is a big opportunity for a commercially minded professional to join in a project orientated role working on high profile projects known across the business at senior management level.
Taking our current processes of renewable generation pricing, contract management and settlements, you’ll translate these from a manual process to an automated solution using the likes of VBA, Excel, Access and other means of coding such as SQL. This role is largely project based with the opportunity to get involved with high profile projects known across the business, liaising with pricing, contracts and settlements teams to identify key developments in the process changes. Supporting and guiding stakeholders throughout the prioritisation of developments on each project and communicating the progress of each stage, you’ll have the mind-set and determination to drive change in the team and ultimately our operating model. Developing new solutions to our pricing processes will ensure we can support the rest of the business as we continue to grow and move into a time efficient and cost effective business model.
Skills and experience:
- Be technically focused with experience of coding
- Experience of modelling in VBA, Access, Excel or SQL
- Have the ability to communicate to senior management to make recommendation and influence decisions
- Have experience of stakeholder management across all levels of seniority
- Have a commercial acumen with the ability to pick up the Energy industry knowledge
- Be able to translate technical language into business language and adapt your communication depending on your audience – complex models into simplicity
- Have an analytical mind and be able to identify opportunities of development
It would be nice if you also had, but isn’t essential:
- Knowledge or experience of the Energy industry
- Degree in Computer Science or working experience in a similar role
Why work for us
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
npower (Npower Group plc) is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy SE group.
We serve around 5.1 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas, with key sites in the Midlands, North and North-East of England.
Every year, we issue over 22 million bills and answer around 12 million phone calls.
npower is one of the most successful providers of energy supply and solutions to British businesses, and are the first energy company to be awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .