Forecast Optimisation Analyst
Npower is one of Britain’s leading energy companies supplying energy to around 5.1 million customers, , and is part of the Innogy group, one of Europe’s leading electricity and gas companies but the real energy behind our business is our people. Together, their energy helps us deliver more efficient technologies and light up our customers' lives. That's why we help power their careers with excellent training, opportunity and rewards.
npower are looking to recruit a Forecast Optimisation Analyst into their Retail Energy Management function.
As a member of the Forecast Optimisation team, the analyst will undertake power and gas demand forecast model development, ensuring rapid and accurate promotion of models to operational demand forecasting systems (SAS Analytics, Oracle UCCS).
The forecasts which the models produce are used for energy trading, hedging and financial reporting. They are critical for management of volume risks faced by npower (e.g. demand variation risk, imbalance).
- Ensure models meet accuracy targets
- Calibration of models for all time horizons (within day – 5 years)
- Ownership of model structure (e.g. regression, neural networks)
- Derivation and maintenance of data required for models (e.g. network loss factors)
- Performance reporting of all models
- Model management (e.g. developing new models, retiring old models)
- Provide operational support for the Short-Term Forecasting team
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely calibration of models and assessment of model weights
- Timely submission of demand forecasts
- Forecast accuracy – mean absolute percentage error, mean percentage error, volume error
Knowledge and Skills:
- The role requires a numerate degree level qualification e.g. Mathematics, Economics
- Proven experience of working with stakeholders across many different teams
- Demonstrate an understanding of energy forecasting techniques
- Excellent IT skills: The role holder should possess advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel
- Desirable skills: Experience using SAS Enterprise Guide and Data Integration Studio
npower is one of the UK’s biggest energy suppliers.
We supply gas and electricity to millions of homes up and down the country, So when you switch on the light, take a shower, or simply have a cuppa, you’ll know you can rely on us. We’re also here for you when your boiler needs servicing or repairing. We offer competitive tariffs that save you money and we’ll tell you when you can save even more. It’s all part of how we stand up for customers every day at npower. We stand up for the community too. We’re proud to have been a partner of Macmillan for 12 years raising over £3.5m. We’re also one of only a handful of UK companies to have been awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .