Project Engineer - 33942 - up to GBP22.06/hr Ltd Co - Body
A Project Engineer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a diverse Project Engineering role responsible for the specification and delivery of physical test vehicles and part vehicle rig properties for Body Engineering.
An understanding of automotive body and trim content and the associated test requirements is fundamental to success in this role.
The role has two main phases; planning and delivery, which are detailed below;
- Derive the physical test requirements for new model programmes based on the holistic Body Engineering requirement.
- Support the identification of Body Engineering components required for engineering sign-off of physical tests
- Liaison across Body Engineers / Test Engineering / Programme Management and Supply chain in order to ensure that the component requirement has been fully realised and understood.
- Interrogation of 3D mock-up tools (Vis Mock-up / Digital Buck) in order to drive the correct part requirement for testing. Creation of exploded diagrams for clarity in discussions with others
- Consolidate and sustain a full costed Bill of Materials that supports the test requirements, using a large matrix managed in MS Excel
- Identifying opportunities to reduce cost where necessary (including the development of unique, reduced cost, high level assembly specifications)
- Arrange and attend meetings as necessary, to ensure requirements are understood
- Own and agree with all parties the test plan, ensure correct parts are ordered and delivered according to this plan
- Working at pilot production plant with Manufacturing, New Model Programmes, Engineering and Logistics personnel to ensure properties are built to specification and transport is arranged appropriately.
- Ensuring timely delivery of parts and assemblies to end customers for further testing.
- Computer literacy essential - Detailed knowledge of MS Office Excel is essential. Knowledge and practical experience of 3D mock-up tools such as - VisMockup / Digibuck to view, manipulate and display parts in an assembly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - Self-confidence and Self-motivated to deliver with minimum supervision. - Ability to lead planning activities with other departments. - Ability to work within a team to resolve issues
- A valid UK driving licence and meet the medical requirements of facilities
- Experience of working with vehicle Bills of Material and / or automotive manufacturing experience
- Experience of programme or project management, meeting demanding timescales, budget control and cost effective delivery.
- Body and Trim Engineering knowledge, and / or Test Experience in the Body Test domain or
- Test / Development experience ideally within the automotive sector or adjacent industries, e.g. rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, contact Lois Weston on or email .