Want to work in an industry that's going through significant change? How about a "fresh "utility provider who loves being different? Based in Stoke, this "New Thinking" organisation is on a quest to find a Tariff Manager to lead the economic regulation function within the Regulation and Compliance Department. Furthermore, to ensure the set of default tariffs negotiated with the Regulator are reflective of the company's long-term commercial and financial key objectives.
Interested? Get in contact with Brian Shuttleworth
• Manage Price Controls on behalf of the Company, including 5-year Price Review and Annual Tariff Update.
• Lead cost analysis and financial modelling activities underpinning Price Control submissions.
• Lead assurance and governance activities related to Price Controls, working closely with Finance and other key internal stakeholders.
• Provide expert advice and guidance on default tariffs and price reviews to the business (in particular to Finance, Pricing and Billing).
• Provide expert advice and input into any queries, complaints or disputes associated to tariffs.
• Prepare the annual Company's Scheme of Charges.
• Lead development of formal submissions (e.g. Consultation Responses) including supporting analysis and securing buy-in across senior management team.
• Represent the business in relevant forums with regulators and working groups
• Develop effective relationships with key regulatory stakeholders (working groups, other retailers and wholesalers).
• Play an active part in building a high-performing Strategy and Regulation organisation.
The following is expected from the candidate:
• Extensive experience in financial modelling
• Extensive experience in cost and pricing analysis
• Solid and extensive financial background (e.g. ACA chartered accountant qualification)
• Experience in regulatory matters, including preparation of regulatory submissions and regulatory responses
• Experience of promoting company points-of-view in face-to-face interactions with key regulatory stakeholders (from working groups to 1:1 meetings)
The following is seen as desirable from the candidate:
• Knowledge of related utility sectors (e.g. energy, telecoms and water)
• Experience in preparing regulatory submissions and regulatory responses
• Existing network of relationships with key external stakeholders
• Network of relationships with regulatory teams of other utilities companies and independent retailers
• Very strong analytical skills - both quantitative and qualitative
• Solid awareness of key commercial and operational drivers of the business
• Ability to combine deep technical regulatory understanding, sound commercial awareness of business impact and solid understanding of stakeholder agendas to be able to set out the best regulatory approach for the company
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate complex issues simply and persuasively, both face to face and in writing
• Credible, comfortable and effective in engaging senior stakeholders (e.g. Executive Team, Board, Senior regulators)
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage key formal processes with due care (e.g. clear audit trails and thorough documentation)
• Ability to take a sophisticated approach to risk management and compliance which balances often conflicting priorities to deliver the best overall business outcomes
• Integrity, assertiveness and resilience to ensure the company remains compliant with its regulatory obligations even when unpopular
• A high level of personal motivation (positive 'can do' attitude)
• Ability to motivate and develop others to build and lead high-performing teams
• Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
Undergraduate degree from a reputable university