DEPARTMENT MANAGER - LEADING RETAILER
Department Manager - Leading Retailer - Job Summary
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK's most well known brands. This business has developed and adapted to the changing styles within the retail market and is now looking to strengthen the store team with an experienced fashion retailer. This is an opportunity for those retail managers currently working in a smaller environment to experience the volume and pace of a high street brand.
Our client is one of the UK's most recognisable and prestigious multi product retailers. With several hundred stores across the UK and an annual turnover into the billions, they specialise in branded designer goods spanning a variety of different departments. They are renowned for their exceptional customer service and enticing store layouts resulting in a great environment for customers and employees alike.
Department Manager - Leading Retailer - Role Responsibility
Our client is seeking to employ a high calibre Department Manager for one of their high profile stores. You will be responsible for a team in excess of 40 and will champion customer services, sales growth and staff development.
- To deliver excellent customer service and maximise selling opportunities through the team, on all areas relating to the sales floor
- Ensure the store is replenished to deliver 100% availability
- Effectively plan for and respond to business needs that drive performance (e.g. space, staff etc)
- To ensure visual merchandising and product displays are always of a high level (including fixtures and fittings)
- To ensure succession planning results in sufficient management cover for all department areas
- To train, develop and mentor the team to function at the required levels needed to achieve company objectives
- To develop staff to maximise their potential
- To stay up to date with current thinking, company policy and technical change within your area
- Strive to improve and broaden your knowledge, skills and experience
- Positively receive, challenge and accept direction from higher management
- Support the collective team ethos through cross-functional team working
- Manage financial responsibility in line with set budgetary limits
- To act as a company ambassador to all external customers and suppliers
- Seek to reduce costs wherever possible without detriment to the business
Department Manager - Leading Retailer - The Ideal Candidate
It is anticipated the successful candidate will currently be working in fashion retail or a similar environment.
You will also have:
- Management experience of retail business areas consisting of 20-30 staff +
- Experience of staff training and development
- Experience of budgetary management and financial control
- A keen eye for detail with a passion for visual merchandising
- Commercial awareness and a proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of people
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.