GBP45-50,000 + GBP5k Car + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare
Working on an exclusive basis with Seymour John, our client is a growing, profitable business with a great order book. They are a medium sized company and part of a multinational listed group offering opportunities across the world for those who might be interested. The current Finance Director is reluctantly moving on for family reasons, opening up this outstanding opportunity for an experienced Head of Finance or someone taking their first step up into a number 1 finance position.
You'll be inheriting a business in good shape financially that has been stewarded effectively. The benefit is that you can invest your energy in positive ways supporting the business, rather than having to create the foundations of a good finance department yourself. An extended handover will be available from the outgoing Finance Director. As the business is growing significantly, the development of the reward package is possible.
The role is hands on, with your responsibilities including:
- Reporting to the Managing Director and active member of the six-strong management team who meet on a monthly basis to ensure a proactive approach to delivering the business objectives, performance and strategy.
- Managing and motivating a team of 4 staff responsible for treasury, ledgers, payroll, P11Ds, inter-company accounting, expenses, timesheet coding, accounts preparation for smaller companies and supporting group reporting, VAT returns.
- Monthly accounts preparation for the main trading company and possibly another small company.
- Group reporting monthly and a quarterly consolidation exercise.
- Financial planning, budgets and quarterly re-forecasting working with Directors
- Statutory accounts, audit liaison and submitting the tax pack
- Company Secretarial responsibilities
- Cash flow forecasting
- Monthly payroll (some of the time)
- Annual meeting with the bank in London to review the facility.
- Close interaction with operational and commercial teams to understand business, account accurately for its performance and provide guidance on business decisions. Quantity Surveyors, not yourself, are responsible for reporting on contract performance, though you can provide additional challenge where it is needed. You are likely to find yourself advising on staffing and management issues, systems issues and contractual, legal issues on big projects, restructuring and efficiency opportunities.
- You will probably take on some administration issues for the now closed Final Salary Pension Scheme which will involve liaising with actuaries on annual valuation and ensure IFRS reporting rules are followed. You are also likely to pick up property rental issues.
Who are we looking for:
- Preferably a fully qualified accountant, though qualified by experience candidates will be considered.
- You must have developed relevant experience in industry, at least at Finance Manager level covering management accounts, statutory accounts, cash flow forecasting and budgeting and the management of a team of people.
- You must be happy being hands on with the preparation of accounts, and 'mucking in' with other tasks to cover team holidays or absence.
- Someone who is interested in committing to the business for ideally 5 years plus, and conscientious enough to really care about delivering a great job, and adding to the wider successful development of the business.