Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Automation
Work Location: Coventry, UK
Role Type: Permanent
Our client, UK's leading financial institution is looking to appoint a Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Automation to design, build and implement technical solutions to meet business requirements and architectural strategy.
You love technology and have a strong background in implementing new infrastructure within medium-large enterprises. You also enjoy developing code and have made the leap to bring these two aspects together to automate the delivery of new infrastructure solutions, making it easy to deploy. You deliver by developing infrastructure-as-code, utilising delivery pipelines and tools such as Github to store and promote your code.
Your technical background gives you a comprehension of network and security considerations and you have the ability to write efficient code to deploy either/both Windows and Linux based solutions through code.
- A strong technical background of designing and building Windows Server or Linux infrastructure solutions
- Previous AWS Cloud experience
- Experience of automating infrastructure solutions
- Passion and experience to deliver infrastructure-as-code, utilising best practices and standards.
- Familiarity with Internet and Network protocols
- Coding or scripting, utilising languages such as Powershell, Linux shells, Python, Ruby etc
- Automation infrastructure tools: Ansible / Chef / Puppet
- Continuous evolution and Agile delivery
- Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and AppDynamics
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 10-15% annual bonus
- Flexible working environment