System Support Advisor
System Support Advisor
Reference Number: GB06982
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MOD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne + Nagel Military & Government Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Troubleshooting and providing IT support for JDA, Oracle Transport Management and other K+N applications and supporting hardware and infrastructure
* Investigating and analysing Support Requests
* Installing patches and database fixes from application suppliers
* Supporting Emergency Incident management to restore services
* Working with the team to provide solutions and workarounds to Business users
* Producing test scripts and conducting systems testing
* Providing part of the out-of-hours support rota
Your skills and experience
* Strong PC skills, intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel
* Familiarity with Oracle, SQL, Unix, Linux and Java is desirable
* Working knowledge of a Warehouse Management or Transport Management IT system is beneficial
* Technically minded
* Dynamic approach with a positive attitude towards change
* Excellent customer service skills with a good command of the English language.
* Possess excellent written and verbal skills at all levels.
* Possess excellent Numerical Skills and attention to detail
* Possess problem-solving and analytical skills
* Motivated to see issues through to completion
* Desire to learn and take on ad-hoc projects as they arise
* Past experience in using reporting tools, Help Desk or Service Desk tools is desirable
* A Logistics background or MOD experience would be beneficial
This position requires the successful candidate to be 'on-call'. This role would be ideal for anyone currently in an IT Support role within a logistics environment looking to take on a new challenge in their career. If you are confident, flexible and willing to learn with a positive outlook toward the working environment, click "Apply now".
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process.
This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks.
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.