An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join a UK leading supplier of spare parts to the construction and plant hire industries. The family run business offer the opportunity to gain experience in a well established company and genuine room for progression for the successful candidate. Benefits include a contributory pension, a generous bonus schemes and a warm and friendly working environment with support, guidance and training.
- Working as team of 4 within the busy purchasing department
- Run purchasing reports to determine stock shortfalls and places orders with suppliers
- Work closely with suppliers to resolve discrepancies and to ensure promise dates are met
- Source products and negotiates pricing to achieve best value and quality
- Temporary to Permanent, GBP7.50p/h + depending on experience ,(42.5 hours) Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience within a purchasing/ buyer role would be advantageous
- Ability to deal with technical product information would be ideal
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels whilst demonstrating a professional telephone manner
- Must be computer literate and have excellent keyboard skills
To apply for this position press apply now or call our team in Walsall for more information. This vacancy is being advertised by Proactive Personnel LTD. The services advertised by Proactive Personnel LTD are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.