Customer Account Manager
Customer Account Manager
(Managing a team of Internal Sales)
To lead, support, coach and develop a team of desk based account managers to deliver high levels of customer service and business targets while retaining responsibility for customer interventions with specified customers.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Previous experience of working closely with a customer to develop a strategic partnership and identifying opportunities which create a real differentiator.
- Motivating and leading a team based and sales/service target orientated team
- Driving quality initiatives through process improvement and investment in people
- Previous proven experience of managing and leading a busy team preferably with an ILM Level 5 or degree education
- Excellent customer relationship management with the ability to deal with customers in a calm and professional manner including in resolving any complaints
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Leadership skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous proven experience of order processing systems or data management
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office
- Inspire, motivate, coach and develop a team of desk based account managers to achieve business targets including increase in revenue across the identified accounts and retention of specified customers.
- Establishing a strategic relationship with customers which embodies and is representative of the companies product leadership strategy. Key features of this relationship are anticipated to be, to gain a better insight into customer direction and strategy in addition to finding ways to work together to establish a collaborative style culture.
- Translate business strategy into operational goals for the team, through clear communications, targets and objectives.
- Responsible for performance management, personal development reviews and implementing development plans to support personal development.
- Support and embed the relationship, communication and information exchange between the customers, the desk based account managers and the sales region, as this will be key to the success of the role. Key features of this will be to develop influential working relationships with Regional Sales Managers, Key Account Managers and other senior sales personnel, including attendance at meetings where appropriate.
- Develop effective inputs into commercial plans, ensuring the desk based account managers have quality literature on new product launches in addition to quality information to support any business driven marketing campaigns.
- Monitor, track, analyse, report, forecast and communicate achievements against service level agreements.
- Identify opportunities to cross sell products adding value into the business and supporting the company's growth strategy.
- Focusing on the needs of the customer by pulling information and feedback into the business and pushing out information on products and services, acting on the information to determine the value-add to the business and the customer.
Location - Rugby