Lead Engineer BIW/Closures - 33711 - up to £2491/hr - SVO
Title: Lead Engineer - BIW and Closures
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A Lead Engineer with BIW and closures experience is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term contract paying up to £24.91 per hour.
You will be expected to lead the development and delivery of BiW and closure systems including the Body structures, door in white, RMDV, CAD, sealing, testing, packaging, CAE etc. You will need to be able to work and lead these activities cross functionally with internal and external partners and suppliers. You will be required to deliver against project timings and metrics to ensure the delivery of the commodities.
Special Vehicle Operations is one pillar of the Special Operations division responsible for developing the strategy, product and process to deliver Special Vehicles. Operating as a "business within the business" and set up with a nimble/commercially-minded outlook. Our area is in a period of rapid growth and transformation, offering a unique opportunity to be part of, and lead, transformation of what we offer and how we do business.
- It is essential that the individual has worked in an engineering delivery role, with a high-level knowledge on "in white" commodities and Has had experience in developing tooling for metallic stamped parts.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential
- High Drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Experience in projects from pre to Job 1 inc launch support.
- Experience of GPDS / PCS and all engineering planning and delivery processes is essential i.e. AIM's, DFMEA, eFDVS / RMDV, WERS.
- Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential - High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure. - Good leadership and influencing skills
- The ability to manage complex technical issues is essential to balance the often conflicting needs of the business, within project timing constraints.
- A good level of people development and team management skill or experience. - Both verbal and written communication skills are important to report technical issues across all levels, and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of leadership and people development skills.
- The candidate must be flexible with regards to multiple site working during launch.
Minimum 2 years` experience of working in a similar role within the automotive, or a related, industry, with a demonstrable track record of delivery
Preferably a Degree in an Engineering subject or HNC/HND with significant experience.
Primarily Gaydon but must be willing to travel to other sites as and when necessary.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, please contact Lois Weston on or email .