My client are currently replacing its Practice Management System which has been in place for 17 years. This is a significant project and will involve dedicated finance resource. In addition a senior member of the finance team retires this month.
There is therefore a need for some short term senior finance cover. The term will be for 6 months based in the [Birmingham] office. You will be a qualified accountant, ideally have experience of the SRA Accounts Rules although not essential, a team player with excellent excel and communication skills. The position could be part time.
Purpose of the role
- To provide senior finance and commercial help as required, by:
- Supporting internal projects and initiatives as directed by the CFO;
- Supporting the Management Accountant in his regular reporting;
- Dealing with adhoc queries;
- Providing finance support to the Birmingham premises refurbishment project.
To support the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) in his SRA AR responsibilities by:
- Auditing our current systems and controls for compliance with SRA AR Appendix 3 and whether they remain fit for purpose;
- Recommending any improvements;
- Implementing the agreed improvements;
- Ensuring that the breaches register is maintained up to date, the necessary reports made to the COFA,lessons learnt and agreed improvements implemented;
- Ensuring that SRA AR file reviews are carried out in a timely manner, reviewed, lessons learnt and agreed improvements implemented;
- Preparing the quarterly report to the Internal Control of Risk Committee (ICRC)/Board/others as requiredby the COFA in relation to SRA AR breaches and performance against the compliance plan;
- Working with the finance team to ensure continued compliance with the SRA AR.
Please contact David Doherty, Legal IT Recruitment Consultant, to discuss this role in more detail or you can apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are Legal Recruitment experts and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their IT vacancies so you can therefore apply for our Legal IT jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and we will discuss this and any future role with you and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more Legal IT jobs nationwide.