Senior Care Assistants / Care Assistants
Opportunities are available for exceptional, Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants to join an established, luxury Nursing Home in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Flexible full and part time positions are available, and they welcome interest from Care Assistants who are able to work days and nights. Successful Care Assistants will earn £7.50 to £8.34 per hour dependant on experience.
The Nursing Home is located in a beautiful lakeside setting, on the edge of Sutton Park Nature Reserve. It is a family run business, with a genuine passion and commitment to providing a high standard of nursing care for all residents. Sutton Town Centre is within walking distance, and offers excellent transport links by bus and train.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will:
- Consistently deliver a high standard of care to all residents, working under the direction of the Registered Nurse
- Fully support or assist residents to maintain all activities of daily living, and ensure that their personal care, physical and emotional needs are met with dignity.
- Assist the Registered Nurses in the planning of care, participating in the evaluation and review of each resident for whom you are a key worker
- Act as a role model to less experienced Care Assistants, providing support and direction, and ensure all allocated tasks are delivered to a high standard
- Ensure all residents, relatives and visitors are addressed in a professional manner at all times
In addition, you will possess:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Direct Care, preferably within an older person setting
- Proven experience in the supervision, allocation and co-ordination of work to less experienced Care Assistants.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise care and work under your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A caring and compassionate disposition
We also welcome interest from NVQ Level 2 Care Assistants, who may not be at the level required for the Senior Care Assistant position, but have a keen interest in working within an older person setting and a genuine desire to make a difference.
- A competitive salary of £7.50 to £8.34 per hour dependant on experience
- 28 days annual leave per year (including all bank holidays)
- Structured training and development opportunities
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous breaks, with meals provided if working a long day
- Free DBS and flu vaccination
- Professional staff uniform
- Pleasant working environment, with purpose built staff room and all amenities
If you are interested in the Senior Care Assistant / Care Assistant position, and would like to join an established friendly team, then the owners of the Nursing Home would be delighted to hear from you. Please submit your CV with a covering letter stating which position you are applying for, and explaining why you believe you are suitable for the position. Informal visits are welcome.