My client is looking for a transport planner to be based in their Birmingham city centre head office, you will have transport planning experience within containers and/or freight with european experience being desirable as well. You will be ambitous and keen to progress with your career.
To effectively and efficiently plan the fleet of vehicles, ensuring their maximum utilisation, and customer expectations are achieved, whilst maintaining health and safety standards and achieving financial targets.
Plan transport operations, efficiently ensuring both legislative and health and safety standards are met whilst striving for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Achieving a balance between costs incurred and income produced to deliver on targeted margins.
- Produce a daily Transport Plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the available fleet;
- Utilise vehicles to plan all vehicles with a view to achieve daily revenue targets and set performance KPI's;
- Provide administration support ensuring data accuracy with a prompt and reliable service;
- Ensure the system is accurately updated in line with business needs, escalating any issues with data promptly.
- Provide prompt and effective communication to customers and meets agreed SOP's or Customer SLA's.
- Handle operational phone calls in a professional, customer focused (internal and external) and efficient manner;
- Support engagement initiatives, by liaising with Drivers and staff, listening and acting upon viable suggestions, communicating effectively, and ensure two way respect;
- Ensure customer service levels with all customers are exceptional, maintaining close communication links at all times. Investigate anomalies, provide justification and escalate accordingly;
- Actively encourage and seek to implement continuous improvements within processes and procedures, engaging employees at all levels
- As required negotiate subcontractor rates with the support and guidance from Management;
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping as well as health and safety standards;
*Come from 2+ years within a transport planning function within freight - and desirable containers.
A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and outlook
*Professional with a can do attitude
*Good oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers
*Prioritise and work well under pressure, good time management skills
*Excellent Numerical and Analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information
*Awareness of current employment and transport H&S legislation, policies and procedures
*Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
A salary between £20,000 and £25,000 + Benefits