Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Citibase have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team based in Birmingham.
Job Title: Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location: Birmingham (B1 1QU)
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent - 37.5 hours (09:00 – 17:30)
Citibase offers fully serviced business centres for cost-conscious businesses in over 30 locations nationwide. Due to the growth of the organisation this is a newly created role for a senior purchase ledger clerk to join a small team consisting of the purchase ledger manager and 2 purchase ledger clerks.
The company manages serviced offices in major cities throughout the UK, there is always movement and change with the portfolio of centres which now requires an additional person to join the team who welcomes change, can adapt quickly to tasks as they are presented and has a positive and supportive attitude.
This role will evolve over time but initially it will require a person willing to use their experience gained within a purchase ledger environment to help support the purchase ledger manager and the team in general. This will include processing invoices, investigating anomalies between on-line purchase orders and supplier invoices, reconciling statements including multiple utility accounts, dealing with supplier and centre queries, checking payment files and supplier standing data.
There will be the opportunity to assist on additional project work as required which will involve collating information from across centres and working with the accounting team and centre staff. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is already a strong purchase ledger clerk but would welcome the opportunity for more responsibility.
Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk – Responsibilities:
- Processing invoices – matching to on-line purchase orders and g/l coding for head office costs
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Daily bank transactions such as direct debits
- Monitor and resolve debit balances
- Check and maintain supplier standing data
- Remote support for centre staff – advising on purchase order process and addressing where processes are not being followed
- Provide support and advice to the centres and area managers
- Assist with checking and processing bacs files
- Tasks as delegated by the Purchase ledger manager
Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk – You:
- At least 3 years experience of working within a purchase ledger team – high volume processing not necessary
- One year minimum experience of on-line matching to purchase orders
- Ideally has minimum level 3 AAT – working towards level 4
- Proficient with Office 365 – Outlook, OneNote, Excel
- Good communicator - supportive nature, can give clear and confident advice
- Good attention to detail
- Strong work ethics – reliable, good timekeeping
- Adaptable and welcomes change
- Good team player
- Positive can-do attitude
This role may be suitable if you have previous experience as an Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Senior Ledger Clerk, Finance Assistant, Sales Ledger Clerk, Senior Accounts Administrator, Senior Credit Controller, Accounts Payable Clerk, Finance Administrator or a Senior Finance Administrator.