Business Development Manager
Selling Media solutions such as B2B events, networking and digital platforms across the west midlands
Be part of a successful growing team within Media across the midlands earning great OTE.
This organisation specialises in b2b magazines, hosts over 100 business events annually and has a growing portfolio of digital products including regional websites and daily newsletters which has expanded in recent years.?
The Midlands division, based in Birmingham city centre, has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager.? The Midlands division continues to grow and expand with a market leading monthly business magazine, two daily business newsletters and a portfolio of business events from round tables, breakfast seminars and black tie dinners.
They are looking for an ambitious Business Development Manager who wants a career not just a job. In return a personal development programme is offered as part of the package.
Attracting and keeping a new client base by selling products for different media solutions To develop and build upon strong client relationships within the industry to ensure that clients objectives are met and revenue targets are exceeded To work collaboratively both internally with the team and externally with clients To report, budget and forecast on a weekly and monthly basis.
Reporting to the Midlands regional sales director, the role of Business Development Manager will be to:
- Develop a Midlands territory, to increase revenues from existing clients and secure support from new clients through strong consultative sales skills.
- Secure advertising, sponsorship and leaflet revenues for the magazines, sponsorship for our range of events, and banner advertising and sponsorship of our range of online products.
- Taking new products to the market when they are launched.
We are looking for a smart, tenacious and motivated Sales individual who has been well trained in sales and can demonstrate a background of success within Media. You will be used to working to targets and have at least 2 years experience in a targeted business to business environment.
- Have a proven track record of hitting and exceeding media sales targets
- Experience of selling at all levels coupled with excellent presentation skills
- A great understanding of b2b publishing its products and the ability to match them to clients objectives
- Strong track record in Account Management and New Business Development
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills at Board Director level
- Account Management both face to face and over the telephone.
Our client is offering a highly competitive package in the form of a basic salary of between £28,000-35,000 with OTE of 15k in your first year.
There is also a company car allowance, laptop and company pension included in the package.