A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join a rapidly growing family-run distribution business which has been in operation for almost over 50 years.
The company provides tooling, PPE and other general factory consumables to blue-chip manufacturers nationally, mainly in the automotive and aerospace industries.
The main purpose of this role is to support two other members within the purchasing team with a focus on administration support, and with a view to developing over time your own supplier relationships and ability to negotiate prices.
You will be provided with all the training and support you need to settle in to the role which has arisen through growth of business.
• Raising and managing purchase orders on the company’s AS400 computer system for items that are delivered direct from suppliers to customers
• Making credit card payments to a wide range of suppliers
• Checking supplier purchase order acknowledgements ie quantities, prices, and due dates
• Resolving purchase order queries with suppliers and internal key account managers
• Managing and consolidating automated purchase orders to ensure orders are placed at the correct value to meet minimum order requirements or to avoid unnecessary delivery charges
• Responding to phone calls and emails on a daily basis from suppliers with purchase order queries
• Amending and updating cost prices and supplier information on system
• Sourcing of alternative and new products for current business and new tenders
• Running ad hoc reports eg sales histories, costs, margins etc
• Progressing purchase orders and updating customers and internal sales staff accordingly to ensure forecasts are correct
• Amending and adding supplier part numbers and setting up new supplier codes onto a bespoke database system
• Maintaining the supplier contacts register, ensuring complete accuracy.
Salary = £18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Location = Tyseley
Previous purchasing experience in a similar role would be desirable
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a competent Microsoft Excel user - ideally with knowledge of vLookups and pivot tables
• Be comfortable with spreadsheet creation and interrogation
• Have strong analytical, commercial and administration skills
• Possess the necessary research skills for sourcing alternative parts and suppliers
• Be used to meeting deadlines in a busy working environment
• Have the confidence and communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers
Are you looking to progress and grow with your purchasing career?
If so then why not do it in this great working environment?
Please apply today.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business