Tutor, Teacher, Assessor (Midlands)
Tutor, Teacher, Assessor
Our client are an established and successful provider of technical training and qualifications to the water and electricity utility sectors. They focus on client’s needs, specifically in the area of National Apprentice Frameworks. Their comprehensive range of water skills training has been developed to meet companies training and staff development requirements.
Due to rapid and successful expansion and their outstanding customer service, they now require additional skilled Tutors, Teachers, Assessorsboth on a permanent and consultancy basis across various location around the UK.
Geographical Area: National with key focus at present in Southern England, South Wales and North East of England
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Salary permanent: £30k to £40k Depending on experience
Consultancy Day Rate: £200 - £250 plus £80 per night allowance for working away plus fuel at £0.45ppm.
Purpose of the Tutor, Teacher, Assessor:
To plan and deliver bespoke and accredited training programmes to company and awarding body requirements in both classroom and 1:1 settings.
- To plan, prepare, deliver a course(s) of learning for learners as set out in the contract for service.
- To devise appropriate teaching plans and learning materials for classroom and 1:1 coaching sessions, submitting to the Quality Manager in the agreed timescales.
- To conduct assessments following awarding body guidelines. This may include onsite assessments within a work-place environment.
- To complete coaching and assessment records as applicable; detailing the teaching, learning and assessment undertaken during formal 1:1 sessions.
- Provide subject specialist information, advice and support to learners as part of duties.
- To monitor and mark learners’ work submitting completed assessment material to the Account Manager within the agreed timescales.
- Support learners undertaking assessments in the workplace, using a range of evidence to demonstrate their knowledge and competence.
- To ensure that all equipment and facilities are used appropriately and safely following current Health and Safety guidelines
- To record learners attendance at the start of each session and use the register in the event of a fire or other emergency. Information on non-attendance to be reported to the Account Manager at the start of each session.
- Attend and participate in standardisation activities and training events in order to support continuous improvement within the provision.
- Take part in observations of teaching, learning and assessment in order to identify key strengths in performance and address areas for self-development.
- To ensure continuous professional/ curriculum development is undertaken to maintain and enhance your own technical knowledge within your subject(s) specialism.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Training & Skills:
- Industry recognised qualification or experience.
- A willingness to work towards and achieve professional qualifications in line with company and awarding body requirements.
- Relevant industrial and technical experience.
- Good communication skills with an ability to work effectively with employers, staff, and learners.
- Effective time management and able to work towards set targets and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Have the desire to facilitate learning and impart technical knowledge to a high standard.
- D32/D33 or A1 or TAQA equivalent.
- PTLLS or equivalent.
- Functional Skills L2 or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT.
- Familiar with e-portfolio systems and interactive learning packages (smart boards)
- Clean, current driving licence
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to carry out workplace assessments.
- Willingness to travel across regions within the UK.
- Smart professional appearance
- A commitment to continuous improvements within a training and development role.
- Invest in all PPE to comply with company and legal requirements.