Apprentice Sales Adviser
What is a Retail Apprenticeship?
It’s about learning on the job, working in our store as a full time team member, helping with every aspect of creating a great customer experience and learning about how a retailer operates their business.
What’s the deal?
You will work 30 hours a week on a 13 month contract, earning from £5.30 per hour dependent on location. That’s £159 a week!
What will it look like?
You will work with the team in store helping and serving customers, ensuring shelves are stocked and the store is welcoming and attractive. It will include-
- Understanding what the Superdrug customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
What will you get?
You will work through a programme of learning with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 12 month period, all done on site, so no college days!
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a multiple choice written test.
On completion of your Apprenticeship you will receive;
- A nationally recognised qualification - HABC Level 2 Retailer Diploma
- An in depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail business operates
During your Apprenticeship you’ll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!Person Specification:
You should apply for this role if you ...
- Are confident working with people
- Are hard working and looking for variety and a fast paced working environment
- Can think on your feet
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualification
You qualify if ...
- You have a minimum of Grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Maths
- You are NOTcurrently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
- You HAVEN'Tcompleted a Retail apprenticeship before
- You DON'T alreadyhave a degree or completed a year or more at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK