Relief Support Worker - Tamworth, Staffordshire
We are looking for two dedicated, caring support workers to join our relief bank in Tamworth.
As a relief worker, you will have the flexibility of selecting which hours you work, depending on availability. Shifts will be spread across weekdays and weekends, mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights (either sleep in/wake which are paid at competitive rate).
You will be actively involved in promoting and encouraging the people we support to make their own choices in everything they do. As a Relief Support Worker you will be providing support to the people we support with their daily living skills like cooking, cleaning, managing finances, attending health appointments and accessing the community.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability that we support, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
For further details of this role please click on the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Benefits and rewards
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.