Risk Management Executive
Due to continued expansion, our client is looking to recruit a Risk Management Executive to identify key risk exposures for the Firm and to contribute towards successful mitigation techniques to minimise regulatory impact.
Reporting to the Head of Risk the role holder will:
- Ensure that sufficient Professional Indemnity Insurance is effected for all Firms within the Group and to additionally ensure that where necessary, records of PI are maintained for companies directly associated with the Group.
- Ensure that sufficient Directors and Officers Insurances are effected for all Directors/Officers within the Group and that this is monitored to accommodate structural change.
- To participate and oversee where necessary the compliance due diligence for potential acquisition firms, ensuring that deadlines set by the Acquisitions Manager and the Group Head of Risk are adhered to.
- To co-ordinate and oversee the regulatory reporting for all Firms within the Group. This is including, but not limited to, GABRIEL firm reporting, fees returns, professional standards returns and collating information for FCA thematic or ad-hoc requests.
- To maintain responsibility for Firm authorisations and de-authorisations in connection with acquisition firms, appointed representatives and trading styles.
- Where necessary, co-ordinate and manage the variation of permissions process including, but not limited to, collation of business plan material, regulatory research and execution.
- To review all Financial Promotions material with a view to providing efficient authorisation. Where authorisation cannot be granted, demonstrating strong communication/co-ordination skills to result in an efficient outcome.
- To oversee the implementation of regulatory policy and procedural change where this has an impact upon the regulatory position of the Firm.
- To be responsible for implementation of regulatory project actions under the direction of the Regulatory Projects Manager and Group Head of Risk.
- To act as an escalation point in relation to regulatory queries that are received by Advice & Regulatory Assurance, Advice & Regulatory Admin and T&C and to effectively manage and/or delegate queries that are received directly from staff and consultants.
- To provide assistance in contract review to T&C Operations for all 3rd party provider terms of business or professional introducer relationships.
- To provide sign-off to A&R Assurance for recommended breach actions, escalating to Group Head of Risk as necessary.
- To manage the prompt renewal of all Firm regulatory licences such as FCA permissions and data protection.
- To oversee the risk audit of all regulatory management information on a periodic basis and communicating/coordinating with heads of department/senior management to ensure adequate risk mitigation/reporting.
Educated to Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent preferred but not essential, the successful candidate will be fully conversant with FCA Regulations, have excellent communication, organisational and prioritisation skills. You will be self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently or collaboratively.
Please note: if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has not been unsuccessful.