HR Business Risk and Control Manager
HR Business Risk and Control Manager, Global Risk
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of HR Business Risk and Control Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a First Line of Defence and work closely with Risk Owners and Control Owners
- Ensure the execution of operational risk management activities as defined by the Operational Risk Management Framework within a Business
- Provide expert operational risk advice and input
- Control monitoring for the Business
- Support decisions through advice, counsel or services in area of specialisation
- Support change initiatives and embed change initiatives within own team and supporting HR Risk initiatives across the region
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, e.g., Risk, Internal Audit, or Compliance, is desirable but not essential
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009K0N
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.