Project Manager - Account Manager - Flexible Working Options
We are working with an innovative software provider for the recruitment of an enthusiastic, organised and well-motivated individual to join their customer facing, product delivery and account management team. This role is a combination of account management, project management and sales.
We are looking for an individual who is able to:
- act as a focal point between customers and internal staff and to represent the customers interest
- manage and coordinate the delivery of projects both with new and existing customers
- build strong relationships with customers and to help support them in achieving maximum benefit from the system
- create opportunities for further upselling within accounts
This challenging and multi-faceted role will be reporting in to the Operations Manager who will also act as a guide and mentor.
You will be educated preferably to degree level, perhaps some experience or qualifications in project management though definitely a demonstrable track record of delivering projects within large organisations. You will have an ability to work well with people of all ages and levels of seniority within organisations and be able to stand your ground when needed but also smoothly negotiate your way through challenging situations.
You will be able to demonstrate that you are self-motivated, a team player, an excellent communicator both in verbal and written communications and have proven problem-solving skills. Using your initiative will be a natural way of working for you and you will be keen to learn and develop with the view of taking on increased responsibility over time.
You must be a car owner with full driving license and be willing to travel, including some overnight stays.
Key responsibilities include
- Coordinate and manage the smooth implementation of new projects and system implementations using structured documentation and software to keep track of people and progress.
- Provide overall daily management to the customer, ensuring smooth delivery of system and support to customers, responding and dealing with unplanned or unexpected issues and supporting the customer in maximising the benefits they can achieve from the system.
- Act as a central point of contact for customers, representing the clients interest and feeding development requests to product development team.
- Identifying up-selling opportunities within customer accounts and following the sale through to delivery.
- Plan and manage resources in advance and ensure all staff involved are aware of and have clear plans of what is required of them to deliver planned clinical and software development work to an agreed schedule.
- Pre-empt bottle necks in workflows and potential issues and plan for these by working with staff to manage the expectations of customers for the delivery of committed work.
- To be responsible for all aspects of project management and client management, working with work stream leads and key stakeholders, using company standards and project management methodology where necessary.
- To identify and decide how best to achieve the objectives of projects, undertaking appropriate discussion with customer and identifying key risks and opportunities.
- To plan, direct and co-ordinate all activities to manage and implement projects from receipt of project mandate or brief to the project being handed over to customer. To analyse, interpret and make comparisons of a range of information and documentation to find workable solutions.
- Where appropriate, to negotiate the timescale for delivery of the project/ change requirement.
- Execute project work plans, co-ordinate the work of those responsible for project activities and manage the assigned resource.
- To ensure projects are delivered within targeted timeframe and that project deliverables are agreed by the customer.
- To plan, monitor and report on progress by presenting progress reports at relevant intervals, take remedial action as necessary
- To develop a communication strategy for key projects. To identify, mitigate and monitor risks and ensure solutions are identified, agreed and implemented.
- To be responsible for all project management documentation.
- To arbitrate and resolve competing requests in regard to prioritising project development/ resolving issues.
- To work on own initiative and to act independently within appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines
- To build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project and accounts management.
This is a truly exciting and tremendous opportunity for the right candidate. The role has huge potential and the company encourages personal development and growth.
The package will include a base salary, contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
Office location: Droitwich
Hours: Full Time - although flexibility or reduced hours are available for the right candidate. Please provide some indication of your preferences on your application.
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 (pro rata if part time) dependent upon experience.
Flexible Minds are acting as a recruitment agency in respect of this vacancy.