An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding, professional and experienced Buying Assistant to join our client, an industry recognised and global retailer, at their corporate Head Office.
The successful candidate will possess excellent organisational and administration skills in order to provide full support to a Buying Director whilst working within a fast paced Buying department.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of working within project and product management together with supplier development and performance. Knowledge of the tendering process would be advantageous.
You will also possess experienced in:
- Project and product management.
- Supplier development and sourcing.
- Supplier performance and management including on site reviews.
- Implementing and carrying out the tendering process and all relevant documentation including competitor information, breakdown of costs per product volumes.
- Be able to prioritize and manage own heavy workload whilst providing full administrative support.
- Meeting deadlines whilst maintaining high quality of work.
- Proficient at carrying out multiple processes and following set procedures and timetables.
- Ability to run with a brief under minimal supervision and present the completed task.
- Confident and capable person who enjoys a demanding fast-paced role and thrives under pressure.
- Proactive person who excels at multi-tasking and high level co-ordination.
- Forward thinker who strives to improve processes and tasks to streamline the business.
- Intermediate level of Excel as a minimum, and proficient at formula.
- Excellent computer and secretarial skills.
- Good communicator with strong English and Maths.
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.