Merchandising Assistant (Space Planning)
Our client, an industry recognised and global retailer, has an exciting opportunity for a professional and well educated Merchandiser to join a highly corporate and reputable organisation that is prized in its forward thinking and industry stability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop merchandising plans in line with the Merchandising Review calendar, working closely with the relevant Buying Director.
- Provide the Buying Director with detailed category and competitor analysis prior to each Merchandising Review to aid decision making.
- Ensure all merchandising plans are profitable, operationally efficient, customer focused and appropriate in terms of product mix, layout and the trading environment of our stores.
- Understand and adhere to department processes.
- Ensure all planograms are issued to stores in a timely manner.
- Operate the space planning software system (Spaceman) and ensure the information contained within is kept up to date.
- Provide feedback to the Merchandising Manager to ensure systems are fit for purpose and meet ongoing needs.
- Handle and understand data, both internal and from external providers.
- Carry out space utilisation analysis on an ongoing basis to develop category and store level sales. Make suggestions for improvements.
- Maintain the store planogram folders, ensuring they are up to date at all times.
- Conduct store visits where necessary, including visiting competitors stores.
- Deal with day to day activities arising within the merchandising department.
- Ensure that a polite and professional manner is maintained in all internal/external communications.
- Contribute positively and constructively to the merchandising team.
- An experienced Space Planner, with at least 2 years retail experience and knowledge of relevant merchandising systems (preferably Spaceman).
- A hands-on, proactive approach and previous experience within all areas of the retail space planning process.
- Needs to be driven and passionate about making an impact and be corporate and professional with their approach.
- Extensive administration skills, with the ability to work under pressure in a calm and pro-active manner. The ideal candidate will be confident and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation, time and diary management. Meets deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
- Ability to recognise areas in need of improvement and have the knowledge, desire and confidence to make suggestions and change it.
- Effective communicator with individuals on all levels, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- High analytical and commercially aware.
- Highly computer literate.
- Great attention to detail.
The successful candidate will need to be driven and passionate about making an impact, be corporate and professional with their approach with excellent organisation and time management skills, meeting deadlines whilst working in a fast paced environment.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.