4 weeks initially
Our exclusive utilities client has an excellent opportunity available for a Warehouse Operative to support the overall operation of a Logistics Warehouse in Birmingham.
As a Warehouse Operative, you'll be responsible for the provision of meter assessment and recycling services with activities such as sorting of meters, marshalling, mercury & battery removal, integrity of asset returns and all associated activities encompassing refurbishment and recycling of domestic and commercial meters, by using a variety of materials handling techniques (both manual & mechanical)
- Operate and use mobile plant, mechanical lifting/handling equipment & other equipment properly and safely.
- Can marshal loads for dispatch and load/unload vehicles safely and effectively.
- Understands & can participate in all activities associated with the assessment and recycling of meters and kits.
- Participate in standby/call out arrangements as required.
- Ability to work with others cooperatively and flexibly within a team to achieve a collective goal.
- Maintain a healthy, safe, secure and environmentally friendly workplace at all times, with an understanding of appropriate legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and satisfy internal/external customer needs and work in partnership with customers.
- Promotes SHES awareness within working environment
- Clear communication skills, with the focus on attention to detail
- Basic numeracy and language skills
- Previous recycling experience essential
- Trained in Manual Handling
- Experience of using Mechanical Handling Equipment including electric pump & counter balance
- Must have the ability to work within a large team
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of practical logistics processes & materials handling techniques
- An understanding of SHES policies relating to Logistics activities