Senior Audit Manager - Risk & Finance - 95UH
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Global Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance to management and the risk and audit committees as to whether the framework of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Audit Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across the Global Businesses and Global Functions
- Engage with and provide strategic advice to internal stakeholders by utilising knowledge of the business and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks
- Manage the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables
- Play an integral role in annual as well as on-going audit planning
- Understand and keep abreast of the changes in the business and regulatory environment impacts on the HSBC governance framework
- Critically analyse and assess the impact of audit findings and recommendations on the current business model and the future operating environment
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Internal Audit is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant environment/s
- Role relevant qualifications, e.g., IIA/ Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), are desirable but not essential
- Past working experience in a relevant role
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 000095UH.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc