The Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organisational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytic, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximise the benefit of IT systems investments.
Start of Day Procedural Checks
- Perform routine health checks each day
- Log discovered faults and attempt to mitigate
- Record trend analysis data
- Provide Support to our internal customers via telephone, email and face to face interactions.
- Log trouble tickets and remedy via the support desk within set SLA.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports when required.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified, new systems and inductees.
- Build and supply equipment for new users and retrieval of equipment from leavers
Formal Education & Certification
- Desirable: University degree in computer science or software engineering and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Desirable: Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA, Microsoft MCSE, Microsoft MCITP, Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+
- Desirable: Knowledge of VMware vSphere 6, NetApp Cluster mode ONTap
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards
- Extensive experience with core software applications
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience with Office 2013/2016,
- Working technical knowledge of VB and Batch programming.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7 Enterprise/Windows 10, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R2
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytically and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.
- Occasional travel to satellite offices may be required. A pool car will be made available and overnight stays may be required
- On occasion out of hours overtime may be required in order to complete maintenance or other IT projects.